Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday Night Breakfast Across the Miles / Mexican Scrambled Eggs

Tonights Tuesday Night Dinner Across the Miles that Jolie and I make together was actually "Breakfast"  Jolie made hers in the morning and I made mine this evening. It was delicious, breakfast is truly wonderful anytime.  The only substitution's I made was I used a thin sliced beagle instead of the English Muffin, I did used 4 eggs.. not the egg substitute, and I made two servings..one for my husband and me.  Click here to see Jolie's Beautiful Dish. Thank you Jolie for picking a quick and yummy recipe. 


Mexican Scrambled Eggs
ingredients
1/2 tsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
1/4 cup cholesterol-free egg substitute
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1 Pepperidge Farm® 100% Whole Wheat English Muffin, split and toasted ( I used a thin sliced Bagel) 
1 tbsp. salsa fresca

directions
Heat the oil in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the jalapeño pepper and cook for 30 seconds.

Add the egg substitute to the skillet. Cook and stir until set but still moist. Season with the black pepper. Stir in the cilantro.

Divide the egg mixture between the English muffin halves. Top with the salsa fresca.

1 comment:

  1. Your photo turned out adorable! How creative! :)

    ReplyDelete