Friday, July 14, 2017

Summer and Apple Crumb Pie go very well together 😊
I never made an Apple Crumb Pie before, I love making Apple Pie but this is the 1st time I made an Apple Crumb Pie.
I had a bag of Gala Apples so I used them in the pie, I don't think they are the best apples to use for pies but they worked pretty well. 

Years ago I had a Tupperware Party and purchased a mat to roll dough out. I love it, it really makes rolling dough easy and clean up is easy easy too. 
So this being my first Apple Crumb Pie I think next time I will do a better job with the crumb topping. I needed to cut up the butter better and mix it to more of a crumble.. my topping came up a little to fine. I need to work on the texture. 😏
I love homemade whipcream, this time though I whipped it a bit to thick. I filled a teacup with the whipcream trying to make it look good.  πŸ˜Š It was not the prettiest pie I ever made but all in all it was yummy.
πŸ’™ God Bless the USA πŸ’™
Verse for today is found in the book of John 1:1-5
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life,and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
πŸ’• Blessings πŸ’• 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, that pie looks delicious! We love apple pie; it's one of my favorites to make and why wait until Fall! Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is sweet ! Hugs have a lovely weekend too

      Delete