Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tuesday Night Dinner Across the Miles: Tuna Melt Panini Style


Jolie and I each purchase a Panini maker so we could expand our Tuesday Night Dinner menu :)
Tonight we each made a different recipe.
My Recipe for a Tuna Melt Panini:
1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
4 medium scallions, thinly sliced
2-3 teaspoons prepared horseradish   
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
2 6oz can tuna, drained
8 slices whole wheat bread
4 slices of Havarti Cheese

In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, scallions, horseradish, ginger and coconut extract; stir in the tuna and blend well. Spread the tuna mixture evenly onto 4 slices of bread, then top each with a slice of Havarti Cheese then top with the remaining bread.
Place on Panini maker and grill for 4 minutes :)   This recipe makes 4 sandwiches, I cut the recipe in half to make two sandwiches tonight.
This was so yummy, I loved the hint of coconut flavor. I also added a bit of chopped celery to the tuna mixture just because I love celery.
Please click here to see Jolie's Recipe, her's was wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment